From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Charles Mills
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 12:47 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Reference for DCB coexistence with RMODE 31 programs?

I've got some assembler subroutines (non-reentrant) in which I rather
lazily embedded QSAM and BPAM macros. That of course limits the code to
RMODE=24. I would like to move the necessary control blocks to AMODE=24
STORAGE and let the code be RMODE ANY31. (The code currently runs AMODE
ANY with no problems.)
Question: is there any reference that provides a succinct statement of
the steps necessary? (If not, why not, but that's a different topic.)
Yes, I know each macro is separately documented in the two DFSMS
manuals, but I mean, is there any overview of the conversion steps
necessary?

Along the same line, I have a small paper available for free:

http://www.trainersfriend.com/Papers/amode_31_io.pdf

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock