I don't know why you are facing problem while resetting the password. But it
should work.

Try with LOGON command.

LOGON
Give user name and password (expired?)
Mainframe will prompt you that the password is expired and prompts you to
reset the password.
Now enter the old_passwrd/new_passwrd/new_passwrd

Regards,
Dash

"Avinash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I started NETVIEW on OS/390 at the bootup by executing following commands
at
> console prompt :-
>         S CNMPSSIO
>         S CNMPRO2O
>
> I tried logging into Netview GUI by executing following instruction for
SNA