Does anyone know of a method/product that would encrypt VSAM data on disk. We are testing the FDR produuct for off-site tapes and based on my experience with Innovation I don't expect any issues. I've been asked about encrypting CICS VSAM data. My response was that the application can make ICSF calls. I don't know of a product we can put in that would handle this.

I'm trying to get a handle on the "why would you want this?" with RACF and proper degauzing for drives EMC/HDS/IBM replaces in place.

I did search the archives and also got input from the WSC. Any insight from this list would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rob