In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 08/30/2005
   at 05:38 PM, Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>What a concept!  Such information would, of course, be invaluable to
>a source language interactive debugger.

There used to be several assemblers where the object deck included a
copy of the source deck; in some cases as is, in other cases
compressed. Anybody here remember the SHARE Operating System (SOS) on
the 704?

>BASIC and LightSpeed Pascal took the complementary approach: they
>save nothing but the object code; the editable source is generated by
>decompilation.

Impossible, by definition. If the reconstructed code doesn't include
everything from the original, then whatever it is, it isn't source
code.