On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:38:32 -0700, Edward E. Jaffe
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>I have seen 64-bit virtual war stories posted here,
>>

>I must have missed those war stories. Could you please post links to the
>archives? I would like to read them.

Ditto.

>We have been exploiting 64-bit virtual storage in our products since
>October, 2002. Because we were one of the first exploiters, we generated
>several APARs against RSM (both from in-house testing and via customers
>in the field). That's all ancient history now. The remaining issues of
>which I'm aware stem from system programmers not "getting off their
>duff" (to quote Greg Dyck from
>http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0504&L=ibm-main&P=R50560) in order
>to specify a reasonable default MEMLIMIT value in SMFPRMxx.

I had several conversations about IEFUSI and MEMLIMIT at SHARE with
people.   I'm not protecting / limiting it via IEFUSI (yet?), but I
do have a default specified in SMFPRMxx.  They asked me what a good
default value was and my reply was the same as has been discussed
previously on ibm-main - "no one knows yet".  Most of my LPARs have
MEMLIMIT(10G), but some of the smaller ones have MEMLIMIT(5G). My
fear is that even 10G is perhaps too small, but I haven't run into
any problems yet (z/OS 1.6, WAS 5.1, DB2 V8).

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America and Farmers Insurance Group