Hi,
If I have a LPAR in a parallel sysplex with 4 LP defined (out of say a total
of 5 CP), and the APPL% reported for a CICS service class is 100% (CICSPlex
with lets say multiple CICS AOR address space in this LPAR). If AVG (average
 number of concurrent address spaces) is 2.

I know APPL% shows CPU utilization based on a single processor capacity.
CICS is primarily (over 80% on QR TCB) a single tasking address space
running on a single CPU. If it were a single CICS address space in the LPAR
it would be pretty clear cut, that CICS is at max capacity and additional
AOR are required.

The RMF Report Analysis manual however explains "APPL% shows CPU utilization
based on uniprocessor capacity. This means that the value can exceed 100% in
systems with more than one processor. To get the system utilization, this
value has to be divided by the number of processors.
          "

Why is there a need to divide by the number of processors ? Is this to see
how busy/utilized each CP is, in a multi-tasking environment ?

I would like to confirm with multiple CICS AOR in the CICSPLex am I right to
assume that the APPL % needs to divided by the number of concurrent address
space (AVG) rather than number of CP (since CICS is a single tasking address
space)? So in my example even though APPL% is 100 because AVG is 2, we still
have a lot of room for growth ?
Thanks

Regards,
Yi Ming