On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:50:16 -0500, McKown, John wrote:

>> You might take a look at Python, which includes a lot of the
>> things that you
>> need to go to CPAN to get for Perl in its standard distribution.
>
>Well, I like Perl. I have also used Python in the past and think well of
>it as well.

I'm with Jay - I picked up Python as a quick "proto-typer". Very impressed,
especially with wxPython giving access to the wxWindows widget set.
I find Python has some limitation with it's sockets implementation, but of
course you can overload that in need.
All up a (generally) nice solution.

Shane ...