Tnx Greg, I always just ask for a FIN APAR.
*System owned" is much better then "Batch Job owner gone".

Roland

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Dyck
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:12 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: VSMLIST OWNCOMM DETAIL

> DB2 open PK10031 and close it with the following comment:

<snip>

> This apar is being closed USE ( user error ). Users should

> not be using MVS service aid information as a basis for direct

> commands against storage. The actual reporting of DB2 storage

> as 'orphaned' is considered an inaccuracy in the service aid

> reporting or monitor display itself and not a code error in DB2.

<snip>

Roland, the response is both right and wrong. It is right in
stating that

owner gone status is service aid information and not an absolute to be

relied upon, but wrong that it should not **eventually** be
fixed. I do not

think fixing this in an APAR is appropriate, but *do* think it
should have

been closed as SUG and fixed in the next release. I will get
that done, but

keep in mind that all that will happen is that the storage will become

"system owned".