On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:27:12PM +0300, Binyamin Dissen wrote:
> If I recall correctly, instruction fetch in secondary mode depended on the CPU
> model.
> Some would instruction fetch from the primary address space and others would
> fetch from the secondary.
> IBM manuals stated that code running in secondary mode had to be in common
> storage.

ISTR this was because the answer wasn't specified in the POO when the
machines that implementd the feature were being developed, and so the POO
was changed to make it model-dependent because two systems were implemented
differently and couldn't be changed to be consistent. Am I correct, or is
there a parity check in that block?