-- snip --
We are preparing to implement an asynchronous PPRC hardware solution
between
our production site and our disaster recovery site using the IBM ESS800
series subsystems for a tier 4 DR solution. I have found plenty of
resources
regarding the configuration of the hardware and communication, but have
found information covering the implementation from a z/OS systems
programmers perspective difficult to find. No redbooks either. Our initial
test is to mirror just the required system volumes on a test system which
is
in the production sysplex. How do such solutions affect my sysplex
configuration and the XCF datasets, what master and usercat issues need to
be considered, are there any issues with USS (HFS's and ZFS's), and so
forth? Has anyone dealt with these issues? As mentioned there seems little
documentation from the software end. Any pointers on these issues and
directions to some useful documentation is greatly appreciated.
-- snip --

Maybe you'll find what you're looking for in these manuals.

SC35-0428 DFSMS Advanced Copy services
SG24-5680 Implementing ESS Copy services
SG24-6547 Solutions for Disaster recovery
SG24-6370 Disaster recovery with DB2 UDB for z/OS
SG24-6374 GDPS family of offerings. Introduction to Concepts and
Capabilities

John.