>Has anyone checked to see whether there's any practical reason (i.e.
>$$$) to migrate at all? Disk is pretty cheap these days and HSM is a
>notable pig in most shops, ours included.

I brought this up almost a year ago, and I was told I didn't know what I was
talking about.

Earlier in my career, I did an analysis that determined that one-track datasets
weren't worth the resources to migrate them.

A few years later, I discerned that 1-cylinder ones weren't worth it, with the
cost of DAS dropping.

I mentioned it here, and was told that I was full of something.
But, it's not truly worth migrating data these days, unless you cannot expand
your DASD farm
(for whatever reason) and space becomes an operational, rather than a cost,
constraint.

-teD

In God we Trust!
All others bring data!