Thomas Conley wrote:

... Even if you managed to "stop" RACF, it would go into "failsafe" mode, and every RACROUTE gets a WTOR to the console which must be verified by the system operator (you haven't lived until you hit "failsafe" mode, it takes like 10 minutes to log on to TSO ...

Only ten minutes?? It took me almost 45! After that, I wrote an MPF exit that unconditionally replies in the affirmative to each of those WTOs. Comes in might handy when needed!

| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |
| Mgr, Research & Development    | [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
| Phoenix Software International | Tel: (310) 338-0400 x318       |
| 5200 W Century Blvd, Suite 800 | Fax: (310) 338-0801            |
| Los Angeles, CA 90045          | http://www.phoenixsoftware.com |