Patrick, Ken, et al:
Thank you all for your replies.
Roberto

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Hall, Ken (GTI)
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Softaudit for Z/OS

The started task is now called (by default) MONITOR, and has fairly low
overhead.  I looked at one of ours running, and it's used 9 CPU seconds in 77
hours running.

The started task is now called (by default) MONITOR, and has fairly low
overhead.  I looked at one of ours running, and it's used 9 CPU seconds in 77
hours running.

The batch parts of Softaudit, like he says below, are another story.  We have a
very large DASD farm, and the SURVEYOR jobs by default look at the VTOC on
every online volume.  You have to be really careful to scope it down and keep
the runtimes reasonable.  It was fairly common for me to spend 2-3 days running
the monthly audit cycle of SURVEYOR, IDENTIFIER, EXTRACTOR, and DISTILLER.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/