From: Pommier, Rex R. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Article in Information week: Mainframe Programmers Wanted

Sorry, Ted, but I have to disagree with you on that second point (and
apparently in the case of the 7060 crashing on a regular basis, the
first as well).  Like the writer, we are running a 7060-H50
(uni-processor) and no money to be able to buy a "real" z-series box,
much less the money to invest in enough hardware to implement parallel
sysplex.  Granted, the only hardware related outage we've had over the
4+ years of our 7060 was with a third-party front-end communications
processor, but the fact is we are stuck on a single frame without enough
gas and/or hardware to implement a sysplex.  My guess is that there are
quite a few more sites out there like his and mine.

Rex

**********    Confidentiality Notice    **********
This electronic transmission and any attached documents or other
writings are confidential and are for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) identified above. This message may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure
under applicable law. If the receiver of this information is not the
intended recipient, or the employee, or agent responsible for delivering
the information to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any use, reading, dissemination, distribution, copying or storage of this
information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in
error, please notify the sender by return email and delete the electronic
transmission, including all attachments from your system.