[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> At the opposite extreme we have TSO, which as far as I know still stands
> for 'Time Sharing Option' but has not shared time or been optional for
> decades. I guess that's how you know when you're no longer strategic:
> nobody bothers to rebirth your obsolete acronym.  ;-(

VSPC was originally goting to be called PCO (somewhat patterned after
TSO) ... personal computing option ... however, somebody pointed out
that there was a relatively well-known organization in France that went
by PCO ... resulting in the name change to VSPC.

recent posting ref.
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2005p.html#38 storage key question