Thanks, Sam.

The part I wasn't able to find on my own was that the 64 bit boxes can't
be made to run in 31 bit mode w/o the migration offering.

Rex

z/OS Bimodal Migration Accommodation offering

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/zos/installation/bimodal.h
tml?
ca=zos14&me=w&met=bimodal

If you don't have it and you IPL your z/OS R4 on a 64 bit capable
processor
you will test 64 bit compatibility of your software for the first time
at
DRP.   There is nothing your DRP provider can do with the hardware to
put it
in 31-bit only mode.

Search the archives on "Bimodal" for discussions.

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]