Date:    Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:20:28 -0500
From:    "Chase, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Suppress carriage-control characters in SYSOUT?

Hi, All,

We're trying to copy a .PDF document into the JES2 spool (SYSOUT dataset)
for later printing, but so far have been unable to suppress the insertion of
ANSI carriage-control characters as the first byte of each record.  We've
tried coding DD SYSOUT=A,DCB=RECFM=FB but that didn't work as expected.  We
can't seem to find the correct reference manual to tell us how to accomplish
this, either (would it be a JES2 manual? the JCL Reference "sort of"
suggested the DCB=RECFM=FB sub-parm on the DD statement).

Looking for ideas....

    -jc-