Several comments on this:
First to Bob - thanks for the explanation. That explains why I get three
that an ASCB address is an ASCB.)

Shane, I don't think that IBM is implementing this yet, it was just a
request and Bob alluded to what it would mean. Or am I mistaken?

>I believe IBM researched has dabbled with this, but it is a non-trivial
>task to do by IBM or by others. Some of the complications that
>immediately come to mind are being able to free 8 byte multiple of
>storage at a time independent of the size of the original request, being
>able to free multiply obtained adjacent areas with a single free request,
>free by subpool, and region reset processing isn't traced.

Greg, in this case I believe that just about everyone using GFS traces would
be greatful for an incomplete solution. If the amount of data could get
reduced to the non-trivial cases that you mentioned above, that would be a
great help already. Myself, I am perfectly willing to check the entries of a
GFS trace that are left when the fully matching pairs have been eliminated.
Any chance that this could be made available by IBM (similar to Jims verbx
dmpwrite before I nagged you enough to make it a full command :-) ?)

Best regards, Barbara