From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Knutson, Sam
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:27 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IRD (+)ve R (-)ve

Ted if you have a good WLM policy and I expect you do then "problems"
will
likely reflect that WLM & IRD cannot manufacture capacity only
distribute it
where your goals dictate and the goals need minor adjustments.

I have IRD fully active except managed channels.  Managed channels would
not
benefit me since currently we have the maximum FICON channels attached
each storage processor it can support.   Weight Management and CPU
Management you should enable together I think.  IRD won't create short
engines a lot of work was put in to avoid that and we have not seen it
being
a problem.