From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
McKown, John
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 3:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Java question

Since Java runs on a separate TCB (J8?), I was thinking that it could do some
things which are not possible on the QR tcb. Such as I/O to an HFS file or even
a legacy dataset (using ZFile). There are also some nice development IDEs
(Eclipse & Netbeans) which run on a PC. These might be nicer than our current
"old style" use of ISPF edit.

What would be really nice would be for a version of the JCICS to be implemented
so that testing could be done on a Windows, Linux, or MAC OS/X system. Or maybe
I'm just too weird.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell