On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:08:55 -0400, Hylton Tom P <tom.p.hyl...@irs.gov> wrote:

>I was recently tasked to install an external function package for MQ
>which givies users REXX functionality.  Since this is a supportpac,
>docs are a bit sparce on details.
>
>The functions came bundled in a module called "IRFXUSER".
>
>My interpretation of the rexx manual has indicated that when you use
>IRFXUSER, which is a default entry already defined in the function
>table,  then you don't have to modify the function package table or link
>or modify the default module.  That's cool, and exactly what I want,
>but I can't seem to figure out how to get my copy recognized.
>
>There is an "IRXFUSER" is in sys1.linklib, just as expected.
>
>So far,  I've tried
>  > adding my own lib to the linklist

That would work as long as your library comes before SYS1.LINKLIB in the
linklist.

>  > dynamic steplib product

That would run too late, after IKJEFT01 had already found the system's
IRXFUSER in SYS1.LINKLIB.  I believe that REXX initialization for TSO
happens before any commands are processed, so much earlier than you can
invoke anything from your terminal or from a logon clist.

>  > LIBDEF to ISPLLIB

That's also too late.

>All result in "function not found".
>
>It works in batch(IKJEFT01) with a steplib, so I know I don't have
>something right, but I can't find instructions on how to get my IRFXUSER
>module included in the rexx search scheme.   Is it possible to leave the
>entry alone in sys1.linklib and have my functions found in a different
>lib?
>
>Anyone familiar with doing this or can point me to a specific manual?
>I can't seem to find much on the rexx reference, and irfxuser isn't
>mentioned anywhere that I can find beyond the rexx bookshelf.

You'll need a STEPLIB, or a library ahead of SYS1.LINKLIB in the linklist, I
think.

--
Walt