I was into the “who cares?” mentality early.
But, others weren't.
The questions on the table, gentle-beings, are:

1. Are your goals being met?
2. Are your SLA's being met?

If the answers are “YES” (#2 being more important), go do something else.

If the answers are “NO”, the question is:

3. Are your business processes being impacted?

If the answer is “NO”, go do something else.

If the answer is “YES”, the question is:

4. What can I do to fix it.

The question is NEVER what is a 'BAD', or too 'HIGH', goal.
Goals are relative to each other, NOT absolutes.

The real answer is:

We do what we have to, to get the job done.

Rules Of Thumb do NOT rule!

-teD

In God we Trust!
All others bring data!