David,

For BSAM and QSAM looking at the EXCP will not tell you if buffering has
changed because it is the count of blocks processed. Set BUFNO to 1 or 8 and
you will still get the same EXCP count.

If you think there is a change in SSCH for some datasets then try looking at
the type 42 subtype 6 SMF records for dataset level IO metrics.

Ron

Behalf Of