It appears that the German lsoft provider is delaying emails (again), so I
did not see Jims last reply until I had already replied (hence my wrong
assumption for the issuing module for iee178i).

>For question 2, I suppose it depends on what you mean by "timely".
>Branch entry WTO processing schedules an SRB which POSTs a task in
>the console address space which reissues the message as a
>WTO LINKAGE=SVC, which drives automation. If the system is
>functioning normally, that should be reasonable timely, but
>asynchronous with respect to the original SYNCHDEST=YES WTO.

I don't remember ever going down into the DCCF trenches, so I have (maybe
falsely) assumed that the reissue would be done after the spin loop is
resolved. By 'timely' I mean preferably while the spin loop occurs (thinking
of the cases where a bug in RSM/XES/SRM/dispatcher actually causes the spin
to move from one processor to another until they're all tied up - and no
operator there to see the messages), but right after is fine with us, too.

So maybe my previous argument about a trade-off of not making iee178i a held
message is not valid, after all. Would this be a feasible future
enhancement?

Best regards, Barbara
(and thanks for doing all the reading for me!)