On Sat, 15 Aug 2009, Tommy Tsui wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any tools can caps software (such as CA product) CPU
> utilization. So that we can control the software cost .
>
> many thanks

IF you are on a z9 or z10 AND you are running z/OS 1.8 or above THEN you
can use a facility called GROUP CAPACITY. This is where you set the MSU
value for a group of LPARs to a given value using the HMC. WLM on the z/OS
systems in the LPARs in that group talks to PR/SM, which will then
dynamically adjust the LPAR dispatching so that the MSU value is not
exceeded for the 4 hour rolling average.

--
Trying to write with a pencil that is dull is pointless.

Maranatha!
John McKown