On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:56:05 -0500, William H. Blair
<wmhbl...@comcast.net> wrote:

>...   The problem for us
>was that we could not invoke the binder API as we assumed we
>would be able to, and the reason had to do with restrictions
>that originate in LE.  For our application, that was a pretty
>clear-cut issue ... "You can't do that."

Warning:  The following comment is based on total ignorance.

It seems like better (but MUCH longer term) goal would be to have
the restrictions in LE relaxed ot removed.  If IBM is going to use LE
functions as general purpose subroutines these functions work where
needed and expected.

Since I don't know what functions and restrictions are involved, I may
be suggesting that fundimental laws of the universe be changed.
But since the whole excercise may be tilting at windmills, this is just
a probably just a bigger windmill.

Pat O'Keefe