>My management has asked me to see if anyone is using this configuration,
>Oracle running under z/Linux with z/VM.  If so, would you be willing to talk
>to me offlist about it?

z/VM 5.3 & 5.3   SuSe Linux    1-IFL

Oracle Database on Linux, Application Server on Windows someplace (hey the
data gets mirrored as part of the z/OS & z/VM system and we leave it to the
Windows folks to recover the application. Rationale is the data is ever
changing and the it makes it easier to recover the app on windows.)

Oracle Database on Linux and Application Server on Linux.  This app may
have  been shut down recently although it worked all very well.

We also run IBM Websphere Application Server which they can choose to use
with Oracle.  FYI we do WAS & DB2 besides Oracle.

Will send you my collection of comments, questions, etc, collected over the
last 4+ years running things.

jim