From: Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>
Subject: Re: to copy directories and to preserve all the attributes
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date: Friday, August 28, 2009, 5:02 PM

Shahnaz wrote:
>  Thanks John but this still did not do what I need (last modified, last
>changed, last accessed, created, were all today's date).
>  I want what 3.3 does copying one PDS to another with Replace option. The
>similar members in output PDS will have "last changed dates" of the input
>PDS   Thanks.

My reading of the doc is that if you create the pax file
with the -t option, and unwind the file including the flag
   -p eopx
this will do what you want; but I haven't tested it.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> Ask about being added to our opt-in list:              <==
==>   * Early announcement of new courses                  <==
==>   * Early announcement of new techincal papers         <==
==>   * Early announcement of new promotions               <==