That's good to know. You may not want to give up those 3390A addresses so
quickly. While the standard 32 ALIAS that most people are deploying for
HyperPAV is plenty in most cases, I just been working with one account where
32 is plainly not enough and they are getting some significant IOS Q time -
averages of 400ms and max of 800ms.

In general a small number of Alias will work well with small service times,
but if you have volumes with many concurrent IO and large service times it
is pretty easy to eat up those aliases very quickly. In this case it is the
32K DSNDB07 tables, but it could easily be any other volume with many large
chained IO, or a occasional sibling pend problems.

So hold on to those Aliases until you're sure you don't need them.

Ron

Behalf Of