GSG,
>I was reading the Implementing System-Managed Storage book and came
>accross Using Cache to improve performance, were it spoke about Dynamic
>Cache Magagement.  Is there still a benefit in implementing this?
>PROS/CONS.  Is anyone using this?  Got any general guidelines for starting
>>out?

I never bothered with DCM(E) since all data written to/read from modern dasd
subsystems went though cache anyway. It is very complex sometimes trying to
figure out why allocations are occurring against certain volumes and not
others. DCM(E) just added another complicating factor that did not seem to have
any significant benefit in performance.
Your mileage may vary.
Regards,
John