mike.my...@pcmh.com (Mike Myers) writes:
> I recall it being called Coyote Canyon on one of my trips out there.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2009n.html#15 Mainframe Hall of Fame: Three New
Members Added
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2009n.html#16 Mainframe Hall of Fame: Three New
Members Added

previously referenced URL with pictures and blurb about
"silicon valley lab"
http://www.ajnordley.com/IBM/Air/SVL/

also from above:

Formerly known as "Santa Teresa Lab" (STL), IBM's SVL, nestled in the
country side just south of the foot hills at the north end of the Coyote
Valley in south San Jose, employs 1,300 people, and is where much of the
software for IBM systems is developed.

... snip ...

wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coyote_Valley

when tandem growth as at its height, they took option on the open field
on the other side of santa teresa blvd (north of bailey ave) ... to
build a large campus type location ... and then things took a downturn
and it never happened. both tandem and apple had plans in the 70s moving
major operations into coyote valley.
http://lomaprieta.sierraclub.org/lp0103_Disasters.html

from above:

* Coyote Valley in south San Jose (still being waged by the chapter). In
1983 the San Jose City Council approved a 548-acre industrial park for
Tandem Computers, which, the LP reported, "in effect, opens up the
entire 5,000-acre Coyote Valley for development." (The Tandem facility
was not built.)

... snip ...

apple and others had plans at various times in expanding into coyote
valley.
http://www.sanjoseca.gov/coyotevalley/index.html

article from March 1999:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5553/is_199903/ai_n22390270/

from above:

Mar. 3 -- Sixteen years after former Silicon Valley up-and-comers such
as Tandem Computers Inc., Verbatim Corp. and Apple Computer Inc. said
they were headed to San Jose's Coyote Valley, Cisco Systems Inc. on
Tuesday formally announced its intention to do likewise.

... snip ...

slightly related tandem drift ... past post mentioning
celebration for Jim Gray last year:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2008p.html#27 Father of Financial Dataprocessing

When Jim left for Tandem ... Jim wanted me to take over some number of
his activities at IBM ... including things like consulting with the IMS
group and interfacing to early relational database customers (some
references in the above post, including references to old email from the
period). A recent post discussing some of the subject
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2009n.html#3 Hacker charges also an indictment on
PCI, expert says

--
40+yrs virtualization experience (since Jan68), online at home since Mar1970