Timothy Sipples wrote:
The short answer is yes, that you should nowadays implement in Unicode if
possible. It does make the internationalization process a fair amount
simpler.

Have you looked at any of the DB2 and z/OS-related internationalization
documentation yet? (That's the word to look for: "internationalization.")

- - - - -
Timothy Sipples
IBM Consulting Enterprise Software Architect
Based in Tokyo, Serving IBM Japan / Asia-Pacific
E-Mail: timothy.sipp...@us.ibm.com

Timothy,

Perhaps when you reply to a question you should not
snip the question. I didn't see the original post
so I can't tell what the OP was asking.

Internationalization is an area of interest to me,
but it's hard to follow the conversation here.

BTW, ISTR seeing in the zOS 1.11 docs at least one
reference that "internationalization" was being
replaced by "globalization". Hmmm. Or was it the
other way around? I can't seem to locate the
source right now.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> Ask about being added to our opt-in list:              <==
==>   * Early announcement of new courses                  <==
==>   * Early announcement of new techincal papers         <==
==>   * Early announcement of new promotions               <==