Hi

Thank you, I understand this.
I would like to have some message if this kind of wait occurs .
I have noticed that something wrong,  as I got some FSS messages .

Paolo Cacciari wrote:

Miklos wrote:

...snip
In our "production" LPAR I had a terrible experience(you can't restart the system, it has worked 10 minutes before )

After some DISK errors I made an IPL , but TCPIP etc. has not started , and after a while of panic I have seen the
OMVS is in init wait :
OMVS 000E ETC/INIT WAIT In the third attempt, the OMVS (and everything) has started normally.
We have every file system in zFS.
I guess the OMVS zFS made the recovery ?
If it would give a message about this ...
...snip

Miklos, you must be aware that when ZFS tries a restart after some system failure (or sometimes when ZFS filesystem wasn't properly closed...) it discovers this situation and want to be sure that original owner(s) aren't still in charge of filesystem. For this, ZFS waits for about 90 seconds (per filesystem) awaiting for previous owner activity on filesystem (internal timestamps are updated in case of activity on filesystem). This is for EVERY ZFS filesystem; as per your configuration (all ZFS fsys) you may expect long delays on
OMVS restart after failure or abnormal end of original ZFS owner.

Hope this helps. Ciao.

Paolo Cacciari
IBM Italia S.p.A.
Business Continuity and Resiliency Services, IBM Global Services - South Region, EMEA

IBM Italia S.p.A.
Sede Legale: Circonvallazione Idroscalo - 20090 Segrate (MI)
Cap. Soc. euro 384.506.359,00
C. F. e Reg. Imprese MI 01442240030 - Partita IVA 10914660153
Società soggetta all?attività di direzione e coordinamento di International Business Machines Corporation

(Salvo che sia diversamente indicato sopra / Unless stated otherwise above)

Miklos Szigetvari

Development Team
ISIS Information Systems Gmbh tel: (+43) 2236 27551 570 Fax: (+43) 2236 21081 E-mail: miklos.szigetv...@isis-papyrus.com Info: i...@isis-papyrus.com Hotline: +43-2236-27551-111 Visit our Website: http://www.isis-papyrus.com ---------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail is only intended for the recipient and not legally
binding. Unauthorised use, publication, reproduction or
disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted.
no responsibility for malicious or inappropriate content.