Barbara,

Sounds like you have some battle scars there :-)

Back in the day when I was a sysprog, we used to define catch-alls in both RACF
and WLM definitions so that when we installed new software that required STCs
we used to deliberately make them drop thru unless the install doc was
specific. The catch-alls gave the STC no real RACF access to speak of (or any
OMVS segment) and placed the STC in STCLO.

When problems arose that were due to RACF/WLM/whatever omissions, then we went
back and bashed the ISV (or IBM) over the head with the doc. Likewise any
issues with the new STC requiring other STCs like OMVS and TCPIP - the software
should either support the ability to recognise that the parents are AWOL and
wait/retry or it should be written in bold in the install doc. A
"resource-owning" ASID should quite happily live with the default catch-alls.

Rob Scott
Developer
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street * Newton, MA 02466-2272 * USA
Tel: +1.617.614.2305
Email: rsc...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com