No, I'm saying that with the combination of the change in the MSU to
MIPS ratio between the z9 and the z10, and the ability to now run some
of our workload (DRDA stuff) on the zIIP, it appears we've lowered our
total MSU 4HRA considerably.  Since we are on sub-capacity pricing that
results in a monthly savings in software costs.  That is was is making
management happy.  Actually we have the general purpose CPs dialed down
on our machine.  Of course the zIIP engine is not.  It is 2.77 times as
fast as a standard CP engine.

Tom Kelman
Enterprise Capacity Planner
Commerce Bank of Kansas City
(816) 760-7632

--------------------------------------------<snip>----------------------

-------------------------------------------<unsnip>---------------------
> ------------
> I'm glad to hear that you're pleased. But remember the REAL bottom
line:

> is your business workload getting done in a timely fashion? THAT is
the
> sort of thing that makes management really happy. :-)
>
> Rick

> ==========================
intended
> solely for the use of the individual or entity
> to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
> please notify the system manager. This message
> contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual
> named. If you are not the named addressee you
> should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
the
> sender immediately by e-mail if you
> have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
> system. If you are not the intended recipient
> action in reliance on the contents of this
> information is strictly prohibited.

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.