Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: FREE SHARE webcast sessions

Awesome!  Yes, I personally would LOVE to see more sessions recorded.
Budgets being what they are (i.e., tight as a drumhead), it is nonetheless
entirely possible to justify a nominal cost for access to the recorded
sessions by spreading it over many developers, thus providing quality
education for many more people than could possibly attend the RL sessions.

Bravo!

A request for future recordings:  Provide a floating microphone (bluetooth
technology would help here) to record audience questions.  In the first one
I listened to, you could hear the speaker quite clearly, but the questions
were pretty much inaudible.  Alternatively, request that speakers repeat the
audience question(s) before providing answers, where a floating mike or two
or three are not feasible (as for large-room sessions with many attendees).

And PLEASE keep the pricing low enough to encourage wide usage -- volume
participation should be the goal, not high-margin cost recovery.

Once again, Bravo!

Regards,

Peter

P.S. -- Ed G.'s complaint about Windows-only availability is a valid point,
perhaps they could be provided in Mac and/or Linux compatible formats in
addition.  I suppose the WebEX folk would have to address that issue, but if
they can't, conversion to AVI or MPEG format wouldn't hurt, for those with
non-M$ equipment.  It's worth investigating, to keep the audience as wide as
possible.