Hi,
check if the GDG base EEE.FFF.GGG.HHH exist in Your system.

--
  Robert Borkowski
 BRE Bank SA - DIN Łódź (S/390 Team)

Chase, John wrote:

Hi, All,

Here's the output from an FTP GET (userID and DSNs changed to protect
privacy):

.230 USERID is logged on. Working directory is "USERID.". .EZA1460I Command: .EZA1736I LOCSITE LRECL=80 BLOCKSIZE=27920 CYLINDERS PRIMARY=2 SECONDARY=1 .EZA1460I Command: .EZA1736I GET 'AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD' + .EZA1736I 'EEE.FFF.GGG.HHH(+1)' (REPLACE .EZA1685W Invalid local file identifier .EZA1735I Std Return Code = 16000, Error Code = 00018
Problem seems to be with GET to a GDG.  Programmer says this transfer works
if it's a PUT.  I've already checked the RACF dataset profiles, and USERID
has the requisite access to both dataset names.

Messages manual says to see the IP User's Guide and Commands for info about
the return and error codes, but I must be blind or worse:  I can't find them
in that manual.  Further, in reading thru all the examples for GET, there
isn't one showing a GET into a GDG.  The explanations preceding the examples
appear to suggest that GETting to a GDG is supported; perhaps there's a hoop
or two that we haven't jumped thru correctly?

Any ideas appreciated.

    -jc-