-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:35 AM

Does anyone know where the rules are documented for VSAM last
reference date processing?  I had a storage admin person ask me about
this when he didn't see index components with current dates, and being
an "old timer" I was able to tell him what I knew (even as it existed
going
back to the SU60 usermod), but couldn't find it in black and white when
searching the DFSMS bookshelf.  I like to point people to documentation
when I can.

I don't think anything has changed, but AFAIK this is how it works:

Only data components of non-keyrange clusters are updated
     index components are not updated
     alternate index data components are not updated

I found a reference in the ISMF user's guide that mentioned the
using data sets manual, but of course nothing was in there.  I even
checked the VSAM Demystified Redbook.