Bonno, Tuco wrote:
environment here is z/os 1.9
am getting  (jes) wto buffer shortages.  last time this happened, 5 or so years
ago , I was able to clean things but by issueing a series of “k q” commands.
now when I do so, I’m getting iee847 error messages: “K not valid for extended
mcs console”.  research of this error message in ibm’s LOOKAT site tells me
that I  should    “ …. enter the equivalent subsystem command “  instead.

K Q still works for MCS and SMCS consoles. It never worked for MCS extended consoles.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc