On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:32:27 -0500, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:19:20 -0500, Mark Zelden wrote:
>
>>Are you sure you have a working version of Java mounted at
>>/usr/lpp/java/J1.4?  The classpath should be fine as SMP/E is
>>(normally) installed in the root file system.
>>
>I would cherish an IVP that tests this.  (I have a crude
>test for ICSF CSNBOWH function.)

To test what?  Java or that the SMP/E unix files are part of the root?

For Java:  "java -version" is a good start

For the classes, if SMP/E came with serverpac, it is in the root.
If you installed (upgraded) SMP/E after you installed serverpac, it should
still be in the root unless you changed your DDDEFs and pointed
APPLY at different directories.  That is what I meant by "the classpath
should be fine".   The OP is executing SMP/E and assuming z/OS unix
is even functional, the classpath he pointed to in both the DD and the
client parms should exist.

>>On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 17:58:59 -0400, Myers, Edouard (OCTO) wrote:
>>
>>>We are running z/Os v1R9 and one of my coworkers is trying to download a
>>server pack from Shopz for DB2. However he is now running into this SMPE
>>problem;
>>>
>>>He has included the Java in the JCL
>>>
>>>//SMPCPATH   DD PATH='/usr/lpp/smp/classes/'
>>>//SMPJHOME   DD PATH='/usr/lpp/java/J1.4/'   <
>>>
>I forgot to mention that I supply SMPJHOME DD, but have never
>needed SMPCPATH DD for RECEIVE FROMNETWORK.  (z/OS 1.7, 1.10)

It sounds like you have ICSF available (crypto), so you don't need the
java classes for it.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden