Joe Reichman wrote:
I don't think you can have multiple open connections ( in the process of
read and writes ) on the same port/same ip ??

The (E)JES Workstation Component TCP/IP broker listens on a single port and, when a connection is handled, uses give/takesocket to hand the socket to a subtask and goes back to the listen loop. Later, the socket is given to the user's EWC server address space. We have multiple TCBs and multiple address spaces all sharing and doing concurrent read/write to the same IP/port. (At least it appears to be concurrent.)

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc