On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:22:13 -0600, Howard Brazee wrote:

>My son-in-law showed up for a meeting with his boss an hour late in
>Seattle, after his Outlook translated the meeting to Rocky Mountain
>Time.     That would have worked for a phone meeting, but confusion
>exists.

A few years ago, Outlook sent out an invitation to a conference
the next week at 9:00 GMT-7.  But the Spring DST change intervened:
it should have said GMT-6.  I made a trouble ticket to IT, which
promptly replied that it's a known problem; Microsoft deems it
WAD.  But totally misleading for my colleagues in OZ.  (Would
Lotus do any better?)

>Maybe the best hope to eliminate this confusion in the U.S. is the
>acceptance of ESPN time.   When people schedule their time to watch a
>live sporting event, it starts to matter to them.   Or follow China
>and have one time zone for the whole country.

Underreacher.  Oh, you mean we should all operate on China time;
majority rules.  Might happen.

-- gil