On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:31:29 +0900, Timothy Sipples, IBM Consulting
Enterprise Software Architect <timothy.sipp...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>In many countries, if you actually follow that advice the vendor could
>successfully sue your business into oblivion. (Most businesses depend on
>not being sued into oblivion.) Vendors could also unilaterally take a full
>range of retaliatory actions if (when) they ever discover any such
>tampering, and in many countries there'd be nothing you could do to prevent
>that. As examples, the vendor could refuse to ship you patches, version
>updates, deny any support to you whatsoever, and/or blacklist you and
>everyone you've ever met (including your second cousin) from ever doing
>business with the vendor (and the vendor's friends) ever again. And *then*
>the vendor could sue your business into (further) oblivion. In many
>countries you could also be liable for criminal penalties. (That'd be
>personal fines and/or jail time.)

Wow, that's pretty strong language Timothy! Is this the sort of threat that
IBM issues to customers it accuses of "tampering"?

Mark Anzani's letter[1] of August 24, 2009 on the subject of zPrime refers
to "taking actions to interfere with the normal and intended operation of
z/OS and IBM LIC". That sounds like a definition of "tampering" to me. So do
Neon's zPrime customers also receive threats similar to yours?

You have had a lot to say in the past on the benefits of zIIPs and zAAPs.
What's your take on zPrime?

Regards,
Roger Bowler

[1]