JO.Skip Robinson wrote on 10/06/2005 05:23:31 PM:
> We have a job running ICETOOL with a whole lot of input data. The job
> sometimes gets this:
>
> ICE083A D RESOURCES WERE UNAVAILABLE FOR DYNAMIC ALLOCATION OF WORK DATA
> SETS (064K)
>
> which means that the installation default of three dynamic SORTWK files
> would exceed 64K tracks each. How do we tell ICETOOL to use a few more
> dynamic SORTWK files?

You can use:

//DFSPARM DD *
  OPTION DYNALLOC=(,n)
/*

to override the number of work data sets for ALL of the ICETOOL operators.

Or for operators for which USING(xxxx) is allowed (e.g. SORT, SELECT,
SPLICE), you can use USING(xxxx) and:

//xxxxCNTL DD *
  OPTION DYNALLOC=(,n)
/*

to override the number of work data sets for just THAT operator.

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Team (IBM)
 Specialties: ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration
 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/