Hi,

I'm having trouble reconciling some CICS EOD statistics for some of our VSAM
RLS files, particularly EXCP counts.  I am pursuing already what appears to be
some serious flaws ust in the documentation regarding what counts as an EXCP
for a VSAM RLS file as reported in the CICS statistics records, but here is my
question for this list.

First, here is what I'm looking at (and hopefully nothing is messed up in the
formatting when it's posted to the list)

File     Get      Get Upd  Browse   Update   Add      Delete   Brws Upd VSAM
EXCP Requests RLS req
Name     Requests Requests Requests Requests Requests Requests Requests   Data
   Index   Timeouts

DASHQ01         0        0        0        0   401891        0    13972
1134621  1104397         0
DASHQ01         0        0        0        0   401891        0    13972
1134621  1104397         0
DASHQ02         0        0        0        0   694253        0    41913
1773481  1719641         0
DASHQ03         0       13        0   265064    29647   222933   309045
813971  1455166         0
DASHQ04         0        0        0        0        0        0    27937
55908    49475         0

So, my DASHQ01 file has 402,000 adds and 14,000 browse-update requests, but
over a million EXCP counts each for both data and index components.  Has anyone
seen these sorts of numbers before?  Does anyone have any idea what would cause
this vast disparity?  I am going under the assumption there is something wrong
with either the mix of application requests against these files, or something
wrong with storageclass configuration (cache structure too small?).  These
datasets are all defined as LOG(UNDO).

Thanks for any feedback or experience-sharing.

Ken

Ken Moore
Online Systems Development
ADP Shared Services, Engineering & Data Processing

in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message
and any attachments from your system.