Did you deactivate the lpar? The icon on the hmc.

----- Original Message -----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Wed Nov 04 16:26:57 2009
Subject: Re: I/O gen problems

So I think I got that... when I try to do a load after a dynamic update
to hardware and software, the io devices are loaded from HSA.  I have
validated that the channels are online and sharable.  I have validated
that the io devices are assigned to all lpars.  The one funny thing
though is when I looked at the CU via the I/O configuration utility I
saw a parm that said something like SHARED=N.  I cant seem to find this
parm any ware in CU definitions in HCD.

On the production side, the purpose of the IODF update was to add vtl
devices.  That device was installed today and the chpid, cu, and devices
all worked perfectly.

A little further down the path... I validated the new IODF against the
target system partition DEVL and sure enough device 1500,170 on chp(20)
cu 1500 is there in the i/o path list.

There is no wait state being generated, the process can't get to past
the load address.

Hmmm, any more thoughts?  Agh, it is only test and devl, I don't need
those anyway, maybe I should just give up!

I will gladly provide any screen shots of the components if you thing
that will help.

Thanks again,

Tracy