-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of John Dawes
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:59 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: SIGNIFICANCE OF (+0),DISP=OLD

I am trying to trouble shoot a problem.=A0 The user's job received a :
IEC214I 614-10,IGG0201W=A0(tape problem)=A0but for some reason the job
did =
not abend but continued and called in the (-1).=A0 The job was using
ExHPDM=
 software to perform the restore.
<SNIP>

You need to check into the -10 part of the IEC214I message. It happens
during CLOSE. The indication is, that the data set is there, but there
is some problem handling the data set. There should be at least one
other message issued.

Regards,
Steve Thompson