Des

> ... I'll be damned if I fill my mailbox with all the traffic on this group.

Well, I suggest you pay more attention to the text to which you are
responding in future. I said absolutely nothing at all about e-mails, flooded
with or otherwise. I referred to the IBM-MAIN archive:

http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

When I care to see what may have been "going down" as I believe the
vernacular has it these days, I refresh the window which I usually have open
on the current month ordered with most recent posts at the top of the
window - as a matter of personal preference. Sometimes as last happened on
October 31st I think the list has gone unusually quiet - until I remember the
month has changed - a Homer Simpson moment!

It happens to act as a reminder - and catches recalcitrants - that I also
subscribe to receiving the Google Groups digest. The maximum impact on
my "mailbox" is one a day!

Be aware that your selfish attitude is not guaranteed to get to any of us. I
can't remember why or how I happen to subscribe to Google Groups but you
are in a sense lucky that I do.

> I figure someone will quote and reply if the response is worthwhile getting
> it
on the mail list.

It takes unusual effort to integrate stray posts such as yours and I'm not sure
I'll be inclined to bother in future.

Chris Mason

-

-