e-mail:  wfarr...@us.ibm.com

From:
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net>
To:
Walter Farrell/Poughkeepsie/i...@ibmus
Date:
11/14/2009 10:45 PM
Re: Instream Commands

In <listserv%200910140909312853.0...@bama.ua.edu>, on 10/14/2009
   at 09:09 AM, Walt Farrell <wfarr...@us.ibm.com> said:

Offline due to age.

>Commands contained within a job's JCL should run as though issued by the
>execution user ID (not necessarily the same as the submitting user ID).

The OP asked "If that is the case, under whose address space and userid
does it run." Just in case this question comes up again, it runs in the
Converter address space. You are correct, of course, about the security
environment, which is for the job owner rather than the Converter, JES or
submitter.