The HLASM Language Reference is a pretty big book already; while
I'll grant the value of well-chosen examples, adding more tutorial
information would make the book start to approach the PoP in size.

If you have suggestions about specific opacities, please send
comments via the "Reader Comment" instructions -- we do pay
attention to them -- to the extent that over 1000 enhancements
were made to the HLASM R5 pubs.

There are some excellent sources of examples on the SHARE web site
among the proceedings of SHARE meetings over the last 5-6 years.
In particular, if you're interested in learning more about macros,
see the proceedings of sessions 8167-8 from SHARE 105 in Boston:
it is a 299-page tutorial on conditional assembly and macro
techniques. (See www.share.org/proceedings, I think.)

John Ehrman